What American newspapers are doing online
PBS's Mark Glaser presents an interesting summary of a study of what the largest newspapers are doing online on his MediaShift blog. (see the full report)
He gives a fuller discussion of these key items:
- Blogging is all the rage.
- Podcasting is still a province of larger papers.
- Video offerings are widespread.
- Newspaper sites offer RSS — but not with full text or ads.
- Forced registration is losing steam.
- Editors are not hip to reader comments on stories or bookmarking.